Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10mins Cook Time: 30 mins
- 400g Sashimi grade Kingfish BUY
- 1/4 red onion, very finely sliced using mandolin
- 2 tsp fresh jalapeño, finely chopped (or green chilli) – add more or less for spiciness
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved (large ones quartered)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup lime juice, fresh (or lemon juice)
- (Subtitute the lime/ lemon juice and black pepper with our Bakasco sauce BUY)
- 1/2 tsp salt, cooking/ kosher (or 1/4 tsp table salt)
- 1 avocado, ripe, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup coriander/cilantro leaves, roughly chopped (sub chives)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cut fish: Cut fish into 1.25cm / 1/2" cubes.
- Toss in lime, leave 5 minutes: Place in a bowl with onion, jalapeño, tomato, pepper and lime juice. Gently toss, then set aside for 5 minutes, mixing gently once.
- Add avocado then serve! Sprinkle over salt, then add avocado, coriander and olive oil. Gently stir, then serve immediately with corn chips (see in post for other ideas).
- Ceviche will be good for 20 minutes or so, then fish will start to overcook and firm up. Do not leave overnight (for food safety reasons).