Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 250g Oyster Meat / 2dz Fresh Oysters
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups whole milk or half and half
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Rinse the oysters well, under cold water. Put them in a bowl.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Add diced onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Grate in garlic (or mince), continue to saute for another 1-2 minutes, being watchful to not burn garlic. Add red pepper, paprika, salt, black pepper, stir to toast about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low, add milk, parsley and any juices the oysters have released into the bowl.
- Cook over low heat until mixture is hot and beginning to steam, and bubbles just start to appear around the edge. Do NOT allow to come to a boil.
- Add oysters and continue to cook over low heat until oysters begin to curl on edges.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Dole out into individual soup bowls. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley to serve.