Salmon Soba With Soy Dressing
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10mins Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 Spring onion, cut into quarters (extra to garnish)
- 8 Slices of ginger
- 4 tbs of light soy sauce
- 2 tbs of sesame oil
- Pinch of salt and sugar
- 2 portions of Salmon filletsBUY
- 2 x 200g fresh soba BUY
For Soy dressing:
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 125ml (1/2cup) of soy sauce
- 11/2 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs of caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) of lime juice
- 2 Fresh red chillies, finely chopped (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Pat salmon skin dry. Divide ingredients into halves for each fillet portion. Using one half of the ingredients, wrap one portion of the salmon with skin facing up in foil and place it on a baking tray. Repeat for the other portion.
- Bake salmon in a preheated oven at 180oC for 20 - 30 minutes depending on how well you like your salmon.
Place soba in half a pot of boiling water. Turn stove to medium heat and cook for 10 minutes (if frozen. 5 minutes if defrosted)
Strain water to serve.
If prefer cold soba (great for hot summer nights), place soba in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes, then strain and serve.
Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl and pour over fish to serve.