Japanese Crusted Tuna
Serves: 1-2 Prep Time: 20mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup Japanese rice seasoning
- 1/2 cup wasabi peas
- 800g Tuna, trimmed and cut into 2 thick steaks BUY
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin or sake
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place rice seasoning and wasabi peas in a food processor or mortar and pestle, and crush to a chunky powder. Evenly coat tuna with miso paste and press on pea mixture.
- Heat a frypan with some vegetable oil over medium heat. Add tuna and cook for 2 minutes. Turn over and cook a further 2 minutes. Add soy and mirin and allow to simmer for a few seconds, basting tuna with pan juices before placing on a board and slicing into 12 pieces on an angle.
- Serve with salad greens and umeboshi plums.