Serves: 1-2 Prep Time: 30mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 10 fresh oysters, drained
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- A dash of white pepper
- 2 spring onions, cut into short sections
- A handful of coriander leaves
For the batter:
- 15g tapioca flour
- 15g sweet potato starch (or potato starch)
- 5g rice flour
- 100ml water
- A pinch of salt
For the dipping sauce:
- 1.5 tbsp chilli-garlic sauce or sriracha
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT
- For the dipping sauce, mix all ingredients and stir to dissolve the sugar. Set aside.
- Prepare the batter by mixing all ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a frying pan until it is very hot. Use a small ladle to pour the batter into the pan, bit by bit, and cook until it forms a thin and lacy layer. Break up the batter into large pieces, and fry until the edges become crispy. Add the beaten egg, and cook until it slightly browned underneath but remains runny. Push the mixture to one side of the frying pan.
- Add a little more oil on the other side. Add the garlic into the oil, and cook until it is aromatic. Mix in the oyster with the garlic oil, and stir fry very briefly for 10-15 seconds while keeping egg mixture on the side. You do not want to overcook the oysters.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, a dash of white pepper, spring onion and almost all the coriander leaves. Stir fry and mix everything together.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with the remaining coriander leaves. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.