Serves: 4 Prep Time: 20mins Cook Time: 0 mins
- 340 gram tuna steak or tuna saku
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper or to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 6 baguettes slices toasted, to serve (optional)
- salad greens (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- If using tuna saku, defrost the frozen tuna until it's just soft enough to cut through.
- Use the sharp knife to cut thin slices of tuna across the grain of the fish. Arrange them on the serving platter as you cut each piece, and season with salt and pepper as you layer the pieces.
- Top the tuna with the capers, red onion, and more salt and pepper (if needed). Drizzle generously with olive oil, and sprinkle with lime zest. Add lime juice just before serving.
- Serve with crusty bread or little toasts, or dressed salad greens.
This recipe is created by Shareba ( In Search Of Yummy-ness, https://insearchofyummyness.com/tuna-carpaccio-with-lime/)